Melbourne-based Events Manager
Melbourne-based Fun(d)raising Events Manager
fws plans to host a fun fundraiser in Melbourne every year. What this night needs is an Events Manager who can think creatively to organise an event which will raise both the profile of fws and much needed funds for the children of Kesho Leo. This may include:
- creating an enticing line-up and theme for the event (e.g. must-see entertainment, a live auction, a silent auction, a celebrity MC, a lively and motivating auction caller, a theme that can be carried through dress, food, drinks and decor, etc)
- procuring brilliant auction prizes (which align with the values of our organization, such as eco friendliness)
- getting the people there - individuals who are likely to be aligned to our cause and who have the capacity to support fws financially.
- Nicole Lucas, fws President, at first, and eventually
- fws National Fun(d)raising Events Manager
Average 2 hours per week, more leading up to event.
From your Melbourne-based office or home.
- Experience in fun(d)raising management and events
- A proactive and results-driven personality
- Excellent communication skills
- Intergalatically superb organisation skills
- Ability to create fun events primarily, ensuring secondarily, that funding follows.
- Creativity in absolute bucket loads – fws likes “unusual”. We're after Events Managers who know how to design an event that the general public will go into battle to get tickets to. If you’re up for creating magic for our guests – via lavish events such as masquerade balls, or intimate lounge experiences with A-list celebrity performers, and hosting fundraisers on re-furbished lighthouse ships, you’re our person. If you think Richard Branson throws a have-a-great-time event, you’re our person! Relish unlimited artistic freedom? You’re our person.